Have you ever wished to practise yoga in its spiritual home, the Himalayas?
Are you a beginner, intermediate or experienced yoga practitioner?
Do you love trekking and exploring new countries, cultures and environments?
If so, this retreat is for you!
During the retreat you will be taught by Shelley Aspden. Shelley has 4 years of teaching experience and has completed two 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training certificates, as well as her 500 hours advanced Yoga.
For more detailed information on Shelley and her yogic path, check out the Bhoga Yoga website: http://www.bhoga-yoga.com/bio.
Trekking, hiking, sightseeing and exploring
Each day, you’ll be exposed to the wonders of Indian culture, nature and life! Your expert guide will be the wonderful, lively and kind hearted Chhape Ram. Chhape has dedicated his life to organising and delivering trekking throughout India, and has a wealth of knowledge and expertise in this area.
12th August: Arrival Delhi
You will be met at the airport by a member of the retreat staff and transferred to a high quality hotel in Delhi. Whilst waiting for the rest of the party to arrive, you are free to dive into the sights, sounds and tastes that Delhi has to offer, or simply relax in your comfortable and clean hotel. When everyone has arrived and checked in, we will have a meet and greet and head out for an evening meal together, as a way to celebrate the beginning of a beautiful journey.
13th August: Delhi sight seeing and transfer to Manali
You’ll have another opportunity to spend the day sightseeing in Delhi. At 5pm, you’ll be transferred from your hotel to the Volvo night bus (free blankets provided), which will take you to your ‘base camp’, Vashisht, in the Kullu Valley. The bus journey takes 12 – 14 hours.
14th August: Arrival in Manali and Vashisht
Our arrival will be around 8am in Manali, with a short transfer to the Ram family homestay in Vashisht. Daily breakfast and dinner will be provided by the Ram family, while you are living in the homestay / hotel. Once again you’ll have the morning to rest in your new home or take a trip to the local hot springs, and allow the natural water to rejuvenate and revitalise you! Before lunch, we will have an orientation about the retreat, where you will be provided with all the information you need. That afternoon you’ll have your first yoga class in the shala, practising asana, pranayama and meditation.
15th – 22nd August: Yoga, trekking, sightseeing
Over the next 9 days, you will take part in morning and evening yoga classes. Morning practise will be from 8-9.30am and evening practise will be from 8-9pm (times will be flexible).
During the days, Chhape will guide you on various excursions to places such as the Jogney waterfalls, Goshal village and Hadimba temple, Burwa and Shanag villages along the Beas river and Nagar castle. You’ll also have the opportunity to meet with a Tibetan medicine doctor and Indian astrologer! Your final experience will be traditional Havan Puja (traditional Hindu fire ceremony).
22nd August: Night bus to Delhi
After your final experience in Vashisht, you will say your goodbyes to your new family, and be transferred to the Volvo night bus, taking you back to Delhi.
23rd August: Delhi sightseeing
Arrival in Delhi will be in the morning and you will be transferred to your hotel. Once more you will have time to sightsee and explore Delhi, or take time to relax in your hotel.
24th August: Excursion to Agra – the Taj Mahal
From Delhi we will take a 4 hour drive to Agra, to visit one of the most spectacular man made wonders of the world! After returning to Delhi, we will have a final farewell meal together, to bring to an end this beautiful chapter.
25th August: Farewell and flights home
Check out from your hotel and say fond farewells to your new tribe! You’ll be transferred to the airport before your homeward bound journey begins.
How much will it cost?
EARLY BIRD OFFER available until 28th February 2017.
For those who want to reserve their place early (spaces are limited!), we are providing an EARLY BIRD price of: €1075 per person
From March 1st 2017, the cost of the retreat will be: €1175 per person
A deposit of €500 will be required to reserve your place. To receive the early bird offer, payment of €1075 needs to be paid in full by 28th February 2017.
The full payment needs to be completed by 1st July 2017.
If you request a single room, a supplement of €250 will be required. All rooms are double or twin.
What is included in the price?
The EARLY BIRD and FULL price includes a comprehensive list of activities, accommodation, travel and food. Please see the list below:
- Airport Transfer to a hotel in Delhi.
- Travel from Delhi to Manali and Manali to Delhi by deluxe Volvo bus.
- On arrival in Manali, you’ll be transferred to your retreat accommodation. This will either be the Amar Family Homestay or a local hotel in Vashisht (depending on size of the group).
- Transport for sightseeing (depending on the itinerary).
- Yoga asana, pranayama and meditation practice (twice daily, for 11 days as stated in the itinerary).
- Daily breakfast and dinner in the family house prepared by the family.
- Experienced local guides for all tours, trekking and hiking.
- Consultation with a Hindu Astrologer and Tibetan doctor.
- Twin sharing / double room.
- Transport for specified visits in Delhi and Agra.
- A local guide for specified attractions in Delhi and the Taj Mahal.
- Special Havan Puja ceremony.
- A traditional Indian cooking class.
- Govt Service tax.
What will I have to pay for during the retreat?
Below is a simple list of things you’ll have to pay for yourself during the retreat. These expenses are minimal, as India is not an expensive country (costs are estimated).
- Beverages and water, other than those provided at breakfast and dinner in the homestay. (Mineral water 1 litre = 20Rs / 0.26Euros).
- Monument fees (for example Taj Mahal and sightseeing in Delhi, about 2,000Rs / 27Euros).
- Food in Delhi and while visiting the Taj Mahal.
- Lunches while in Vashisht. There are many local restaurants all serving traditional Indian and Tibetan food! (150-250Rs / 2/3Euros).
- Personal travel insurance and visa costs.
- Flights to and from India.
- Food and beverages while taking the night Volvo bus to and from Manali. (300Rs / 4Euros per meal)
- Massages and other personal activities.
For more information please message Shelley directly at: email@example.com
Also check out the Bhoga Yoga Facebook page and website for more information: